Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011

Strawberries in the snow....

An update on the new red linen fishies....

When I got the red linen fishies last week I was pretty sure that they would leave within a few days. They were heavy and nice but the colour was so not “me”....

I decided to wash them and give them a try but already knew that I would either let them go or put them into a dye bath....

Fast forward to this week.

It was raining for days, some of the kids were sick and I got not enough sleep...

So I needed three things to brighten these days.... chocolate, cake and a wrap that cheers me up....
Fitting into a smaller jeans size would have been great as well, but chocolate and cake were on top of my list so the new jeans will have to wait one more week I guess....

Chocolate.... check.... delicious handmade hot chocolate with a tiny little bit cinnamon.... I love this! Can’t get enough.... seriously....

Next step – the cake.... not a real cake this time but incredible yummy cinnamon rolls – and two little helper to make them....






And the delicious result....



Step three – the bright and cheery wrap....

Ummmm.... I always have wonderful bright coloured wraps in my stash but nothing was really new to me so I gave the linen fishies a final try and I’m absolutely impressed by the wrapping qualities.
The wrap was still not what I would describe as super soft so I gave it some kind of special treatment. I washed it first then steam ironed the heck out of it while it was still wet to get it softer and avoid any creases. Finally I put it into the delicate dryer cycle to fluff it up.... and this did the trick!

It is still very heavy and dense and nothing what I would call an absolute beginner wrap but feels much softer now and it is simply fun to wrap with it. And surprise, surprise.... even the colour starts growing on me.... sometimes it needs some rainy days to try something different....

I made some comparison pics with Indio Rosenholz with 50% linen, Cashmere Siena fishies, the new burgundy Pfau, red cotton Birds and our beloved and super soft Earthy Rainbow Girasol,,,,








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen