Freitag, 14. Januar 2011

New year, new wrap....

I have been thinking about this wrap for the past couple of days now. In general I only like fishie wraps with blues or natural colours and a bright red is honestly not the colour I would reach for if I have other choices....
But curiosity killed the cat and I just had to give this new 50% linen fishies a try....

Soooooo.... here we go....

Fische Karmin.... first Didy release in 2011....
50% linen, 50% cotton
The bright red weft threads are linen, the natural ones are cotton.
The size 6 weights around gr and right out of the box the width is cm. I will add the post wash width later today.

The position of the fishies is the same as on the Elburg Alpaca ones, the Didymos signature is now a centimetre off the rail.

The colour of the wrap itself is hard to capture in pictures. Think bright red strawberries in spring with heavy cream.... For those who know you can find a similar red in the latest version of the regular red and white Indios. While the linen threads are bright red and the cotton threads natural, the overall effect from the distance is slightly pink. If you take a closer look of course there is no pink in this wrap at all.

The wrap has the characteristic linen nubs but that isn’t something that bothers me in general. The weave is dense and the wrap feels pretty stiff right out of the box but not as worse as I expected. For the wrap geeks it reminds me of the thick petrol ecru fishies that were released in spring 2009.
After washing and drying plus steam ironing it gets softer already but it will definitely take some effort to get it really moldable.... Maybe it will get some kind of silky soft one day but I doubt that it will ever get really snugly simply due to the weave.

For me it is too early to make a final decision when it comes to the wrapping qualities. I can totally see that this wrap has potential to rock as a toddler wrap but have to give it a proper workout first.

If you are looking for a thin, super easy to use wrap for a tiny little baby then run! Seriously no wrap I would start with a baby before it hits the 10kg....
If you have a two or three year old that still loves to be carried then you might fall in love with the support this wrap provides.

For me I’m still not sure what to think about this wrap simply because of the colour. It is beautiful and unique and I can see it as a great wrap for spring.... but bright red is not a colour you can usually find in my wardrobe.... not at all....

I love all kinds of pink, deep berry colours and dark reds with blue undertones and the Indio Burgund is simply perfect for me.... but a bright and light red?.... nope....

So I have to think a bit more if I love the wrapping qualities that much that I want to keep this wrap. Or if it will hit the dye bath very soon.... or if these fishies will leave this house and swim to a friend....

Our baby seems to like the wrap and our four year old loves it as well.... can’t wait to hear what the other family members say....

For now here are some first pictures. I will post action and comparison pics during this weekend....




2 Kommentare:

  1. As always, LOVE your pics and reviews. Thanks Steph! ((hugs))

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow! these fish are simply unbeatable! I wish I have them!

    AntwortenLöschen