Montag, 15. November 2010

A little black dress.... or wrap....

As I already said I love wraps and the fact that there are so many different ones of them. There are long wraps, shorter ones, thick, thin, bright and classy ones. All cotton wraps or blends with hemp, linen, silk, wool or cashmere plus some exotic fibres like kapok or ramie….

But the essential thing that all wraps have in common is the fact that you can use them to hold your baby and toddler close to your heart, go to places where you never could with a stroller and get so many things done while your baby is sleeping safe on your back….

With the release dates of different fibre blends it is mostly a seasonal thing and right now we are in the middle of the wool season with so many wonderful new releases…. can we talk about wool fluffy heaven?....

Today a new wrap arrived and it is what I would call the perfect little black dress when you think about wraps….

Didymos Stendahl with Baby Alpaca…. hmmmmm…. doesn’t it sound incredibly yummy?

And the look of it is simply breathtaking.

The wrap is a double face weave, with 55% black cotton on one side and 45% Alpaca in a deep berry red on the other.

In a Size 6 the wrap weights 692gr and that’s around 70gr less than the Elburg Alpaca Fishies I have….

The linen version of the Stendahl wrap that was released this spring weights around 920gr in the same size.

Now back to the Alpaca one….
I would describe the wrap as a thinner one. The weave is flat and it has not the cush the Elburg Fishies have. Granted it isn’t washed yet, but I’m pretty sure it will not fluff up too much due to the weave. The wrap itself looks amazing and I can totally see this as the perfect Christmas or New Year’s Eve wrap. A very classy looking party wrap with a decent shimmer but also super cool with a simple shirt and dark jeans… . It folds up nicely and I think if I would love thinner wraps more than I do it would qualify as a permastash wrap here…. Unfortunately I don’t love thinner wraps too much…. and right now I’m not absolutely sure if I should keep it or not…. 
 
Here are some pics:







I wanted to make a proper comparison pic with the linen version of Stendahl on top…. and that brought me in serious trouble…. 

I just love the look of the Alpaca version. The berry based red is exactly what I wanted in a wrap. Perfect, classy, not too red, pure understatement….
On the other hand the linen Stendahl is a significantly thicker wrap and I adore the wrapping qualities this wrap provides….
So I have two wraps here. One has the perfect colour but is probably too thin for my taste while the other one has the perfect amount of thickness but the colour is not the most flattering on me….

I guess I will have to think about it a little bit longer, given them a try and then make my decision….


2 Kommentare:

  1. Thank you for the pics. They are great and very accurate description and weight!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I got myself a Stendhal after reading your description, - I like my wraps thin :-) Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen